Monday, July 7, 2008

4 month check-up ouch!!

Today I had my 4 month check-up - the doctor said I am very healthy and look great! Daddy and mommy are concerned about a bump on my head I have had since I was about 3 weeks old, so they said I have to go see a special doctor called a Neurologist at Mayo this Thursday at 2:30 - as long as I don't have to get anymore shots, its fine with me. My shots hurt a lot today and I was wimpering tonight, but I was better before bedtime. My mommy will tell you more about my bump.

They have taken x-rays and an ultrasound and haven't gotten any difinitive answers, so they think the next step should be to see a Neurologist to see what they think. We don't want Allie to have to get an MRI unless completely necessary and neither do the doctors. It is stumping the doctors because the bump is hard and solid like bone, doesn't move, but also doesn't show up on x-ray. It doesn't seem to bother Allie at all, but we want to know what it is and the course of action that will need to be taken to get rid of it - we don't want her to have a bump on the side of her head forever. If you look at pictures you can notice it in her left temple region. Here were her stats from her appt:

Height - 29inches
Weight - 13.5lbs

I'll post what we find out on here later after her appt on Thursday.

No comments: