Jerek and I were relaxing and watching TV and I was sitting in my chair and thought I saw a bat fly into the corner of the living room - Jerek didn't see it and thought I was going crazy. Then I heard chirping in the front room, so we turned on all of the lights upstairs and there he was hanging on the curtain rod in "Joey's room." I freaked out and didn't know what to grab to catch him, so I ran outside to the garage to grab the broom and find something to catch him with and opened the service door to the garage and turned on the light and there was a bat flying around in there too - so I quickly grabbed the broom and shut the door. Our neighbors were outside, so I asked them if they had a net and said a fishing net won't catch him, so our neighbor Jim came over to help - because I really didn't want to have to catch the bat. Jerek and Jim caught the bat and we disposed of him. Sorry - no photos of this guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just so you know, we had our share of bats when we were living there and Dave's bat catcher was a "FISHING NET" and it worked every time :)... we ended up keeping it in the house for the bats and it was no longer used for fish. On face book it talked about you having a snake in your house, what is that all about? Maybe you could charge admission to the Fleener Wild Creatures House.
Yep, we have had an interesting summer with the creatures. Look at my June 29th post for info about the snake. I am very thankful Jerek has been home when these creatures have decided to come out to play!
Wow! Yeah, Allie doesn't even need to go to the zoo! ;-) Sounds like the Fleener house is full of wild adventures...maybe Allie will be a vet or a zoologist!
Post a Comment