I had so much fun on Halloween, once Mommy and Daddy convinced me that I would get lots of candy if I put on my ladybug costume! Mommy had tried it on me the day before and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it and cried until she took it off me. Here I am before we left home, outside by my pumpkin.
I let mommy put my costume on me and then we went into Rochester. We went to the Charter House, which is a retirement home, and they had a program going for the residents. They had all of the kids line up and take turns getting their picture taken with the queen of pumpkins, then they handed out candy and had donuts, juice and popcorn for snacks.
We left there and went and had dinner at Zpizza downtown, then went to a neighborhood in SW Rochester and went trick or treating. At first, I sat in my stroller, then I had mommy carry me for a while, then she told me I could ring people's doorbells and they would give me candy, so I was all about ringing doorbells. After the first few houses, I started carrying my bucket to the door, ringing the doorbell, and then running back to daddy after mommy helped me down the front steps. I was having so much fun once I figured out what it was all about! I saw adults and kids in costumes, and I enjoyed pointing them out and waving.
It got a bit chilly and it was starting to get dark around 6:30, so we got in the truck and started heading home. Mommy and daddy said there was an event going on at New Life Worship Center in NW Rochester, so we stopped there on the way home. I got some more candy, got to see some horses, and wanted to play in the big inflatable jumpy things, but there were too many big kids there, so we went home. Some of our neighbors still had their lights on when we got home, so we stopped in and said hi so they could see me in my costume.
Mommy checked all my candy when we got home and took out the pieces I couldn't have and I got to eat a few pieces before going to bed. My did I have a fun day! I wonder if I wear my costume everyday if I will get more candy?
1 comment:
Enjoyed seeing Allie's photos and your comments-the little kids are just so much fun at Halloween-great memories for you!
Post a Comment