I had to get my shots today - the doctor said it would be okay since I am not running a fever. I got 2 shots - one flu shot and another one. They said I have to go back in 4 weeks to get another dose of the flu shot :-(
Here are my stats:
Weight: 16.13 lbs - 18th percentile
Height: 28.5 inches - 77th percentile
Head circumference: 18.6 inches -100th percentile
Mommy asked the doctor about my bump on my head again. I'll let her tell you what the doctor said.
We saw a pediatrician today - our regular doctor is on maternity leave. She felt Allie's head and read the notes in her chart and thought we should either see a plastic surgeon or a special OMSF (face doctor) about what to do. She was thinking of doing another x-ray, but I told her last time they couldn't see anything. She is going to talk to some specialists and see what their thoughts are and get back to me by Friday. She re-measured Allie's head three times because she thought it was growing faster than it should be (although I looked at Sammy's 9 month stats and her head is only 0.1 inches bigger than his - must be the Fleener's with the big heads). After noticing that, she is thinking we should probably do a CT scan, but is going to check with the specialists to see what their opinion is. Jerek and I are just tired of not knowing what the bump is and have to be the advocates for Allie. We would much rather know it is nothing than find out later it is something that should have been noticed months ago. We are trusting that God is putting the right doctors in our lives to make the determination.
Allie's weight is low (don't we all wish the doctor would tell us that), but the doctor said that following an illness that isn't unexpected. Allie really didn't eat much of anything for days. We will go back to the doctor in 4 weeks for the second round of the flu shot and to get Allie's weight checked.
She is continuing to develop and learn things right on schedule, so developmentally there aren't any concerns. Please just keep her in your prayers and hopefully the bump is nothing, but we pray to just know what it is and the course we will need to take to get it removed if it doesn't go away on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment