Monday, May 18, 2009

My weekend


Friday afternoon mommy took me to this really neat place with lots of doors, a swimming pool, hot tub, and then brought me into a room that had a big bed - she took me to a hotel! Daddy had gotten a free room certificate and we were going to stay there for the night. Before Daddy got off work, mommy and I checked out the swimming pool, but she told me we weren't going to go swimming until after dinner. I didn't want to leave the room where the pool was and kept pointing to it, but mommy assured me we would go swimming later. So, we went back to the room so I could take a nap before daddy got off work and so I would be rested for swimming later. Daddy arrived after work and we walked to a nearby restaurant and had dinner. After dinner we all got changed into our swimming suits and went to the big pool. I was a bit scared at first when mommy was holding me and walking around the pool with me, but then daddy suggested we go sit by the stairs so my feet could touch the bottom - then I really liked that and had fun splashing and playing with the little ball mommy brought for me. Here are some pictures of me in the pool.





Here I am relaxing after taking a bath - not wanting Mommy to put any clothes on me. I know where my belly button is!!


Sunday mommy and daddy went and bought some more rubber mulch for my swing set and put that down, so my play place is all covered and safe for me to play in. I really love playing on my swing set! We went to a couple hardware stores to look at what to do for a fence around my playground and stairs to get down to the swing set, so I got to spend lots of time at the hardware stores this weekend - I really like them because there are so many fun things to play with and look at! We'll get some pictures of the swing set later today after my nap.






I am walking now - I have been since May 8th, and each day I am taking more and more steps.



1 comment:

Gretchen Fleener said...

woweeee! Look at your little legs go! Good for you, Allie!!