Last Thursday mommy and I went up to the cities and first we stopped and picked up Grandpa Don and dropped all of our stuff off at Grandpa & Grandma's house. Then we went to some place and dropped off mommy's car and got a new rental car - Grandpa came along to help us get my car seat into the new car. Mommy said that her car needs to get fixed after a lady had hit us a week ago Thursday. We were both fine, just some damage to the bumper - so she said it will be all fixed in a few days!
Then we dropped off Grandpa and went to the hospital in Edina to see Ember, Mark and baby Gage! He was born on June 24th and is a healthy baby. It ended up Heather was there the same time we were, so I got to play with her for a while too!
Then we went back to Grandpa Don & Grandma Julie's house. Grandma was home, so we played for a while until they left to go to the dinner theater. Here we are playing with a toy they had for me.
Then, later that evening, we got to go see Mommy's friend Jenny that she has known since she was only 5 years old! We went to her house in Lakeville and I got to play with her dog Bob. He liked licking me and I enjoyed playing until he tried to tackle me - we were both just fine! We didn't stay at Jenny's too long because I was getting tired, so when we were getting ready to leave, mommy told me to give Jenny a hug and a kiss, and I did! I don't usually do that to people I don't know, but Jenny must be a special person!
Friday morning we woke up and Grandpa Don took us to breakfast at Jensen's and mommy ordered me Chocolate chip pancakes, but I liked her Eggs Benedict better, so she let me eat that too. Then we went to Sammy's house and I got to play with all of his toys! Aunt Gretchen had filled up Sammy's pool with water, so we got to go swimming too! I wasn't quite sure about being in the pool with Sammy, so it was usually one or the other of us in the pool, but not together.
After we were done playing in the pool, our mommies took us to McDonald's and we got to eat chicken nuggets and fries. I was getting sleepy and so was Sammy, so we didn't stay very long. When I got back to Grandpa & Grandma's house I took a 3 hour nap - I was pooped!
When I woke up, daddy and Joey were there - how did that happen?!? We hung out at Grandpa & Grandma's house for a while and then went back to Wayde & Gretchen's house and Sammy and I played again. Then, we went to Applebee's for dinner. Since I had gotten such a long nap earlier I stayed up and played outside at Grandpa & Grandma's until 10:15pm - we had a lot of fun!
Saturday we got up and went to Wayde & Gretchen's house again and guess who was there? Grandpa & Grandma Fleener! I haven't seen them in a few months! They took us out for breakfast and then we went back to Wayde & Gretchen's house so Sammy and I could take a nap. We did, then we went to Dairy Queen and Sammy and I got ice cream and hot dogs, I think Sammy ate almost all of Grandpa's blizzard and I ate mommy's hot fudge Sunday. After we ate, we went to the Bloomington Aquatic Center and went swimming. Mommy and I got yelled at by the lifeguard because she wasn't supposed to go down the slide with me, they said I needed to go by myself - oh well, Live and learn! Sammy and I got super cold so we got out of the pool, then shortly after that the lifeguards blew their whistles and everyone had to get out of the pool. There was a 7 year old boy that almost drown - the lifeguard gave him CPR a few times, then he finally spit out the water and was able to breathe again - WOW was that ever scary. Thank God for trained lifeguards!
We left after all that excitement and went to the Japanese Gardens at Normandale. I got to see some really big fishies and I wanted to touch them, but mommy and daddy said no - I couldn't get that close to them. We took a picture on the bridge and walked through the gardens and then went back to Wayde & Gretchen's house. Both Sammy and I needed another nap, but didn't want to take one, so we went out for dinner to Maggiano's and didn't last very long at dinner, our parents had to take turns eating and bringing us outside - oh well, too much excitement and activity this weekend!
We left the restaurant and I was asleep before we even got on the freeway. I was pooped! Sunday we got up and went over to Wayde & Gretchen's house and they made breakfast for us all. Sammy and I got to play and have the adults watch us and play with us too. I really enjoyed bringing Grandpa any food I could find and small toys - I think he enjoyed it too! We said our goodbye's and headed back to Grandpa Don & Grandma Julie's house to get our stuff and Joey - then head home.
I slept on the way home and was ready to be back home, but had a wonderful time visiting both sets of Grandparents, Uncle Wayde, Aunt Gretchen, Cousin Sammy, Jenny, Ember, Heather and Gage - it was a busy time!
No comments:
Post a Comment